The Hakomi Education Network (HEN) is an international group of people dedicated to preserving, developing and teaching the Hakomi Method as created by Ron Kurtz. During his life, Ron had made many changes in his original approach which he came to refer to as “mindfulness-based assisted self discovery”.
We feel connected as a world-wide Hakomi community which meets at least every one to three years in order to share ideas and inspiration. We met in Vancouver Canada in 2011 and then in Puerto Morelos Mexico in 2013. The next meeting is planned in 2018 in Europe. We have members and trainers in Europe, Asia, North, South, and Central America.
Our center of communication is the website www.hakomieducationnetwork.com
We are dedicated to teaching the principles and practice of Hakomi throughout the world in many cultures and many ways, each of us sharing our love of the unique spirit and expression of this work.
We extend this invitation to become a member of our international non-profit organization.
Over the past year, we have been re-imagining the Hakomi Education Network (HEN) and have built strong foundations which include:
- a purpose statement,
- organizational structure,
- decision-making model – “the advice model”,
- succession and sustainability plan;
- and an ethical framework.
We registered HEN as a non-profit organization (HEN Association) on August 4, 2020. Our annual membership fee is $25 CAD to make membership accessible for people of diverse cultures and economies.
The benefits of membership are simple:
- Connect. Collaborate with members across the globe
- Learn. Access a rich pool of online events and resources
- Share. Participate in bringing new ideas to the organization
As a member, you create the important connections needed to achieve our goals and to build our Hakomi community.
Once you have clicked on the “Become a member” button bellow, you will be taken to the “join now” page on HEN website where you will be able to sign-up. Please carefully read and follow the instructions below. Registration is a multi-step process. Following the instructions will help you avoid complications.
- Create an Account. Sign up by clicking on the Google or Facebook icon if you already have one of those accounts. Otherwise submit your name, email address, and a new password. (If you use the email address method, there may be an extra step. If you can’t just continue, please look for an email in your inbox and respond. This will validate/confirm your email address and then you will be able to proceed to the next step).
- Pay the Fee. Provide your credit card credentials and an email address. This will generate an email receipt and generate an “Almost There” email with instructions for Step 3.
- Complete your Registration. The “Almost There” email contains a button that will lead you to a form to add member details such as language preferences, time zones, etc. Registration is complete once you fill out and submit that form. You will receive a “Welcome” email confirming your successful registration.